Friday, November 13, 2009

Sweet September

We went on several excursions in September to enjoy the cool fall weather & the fall colors. We headed up to Cascade Springs on a gorgeous afternoon & the kids had a great time.

Check out Tyler & Mark in this first picture. Mark is giving us double "thumbs up" & Tyler is watching him & doing his best version of "thumbs up" using his pointer fingers. This is very typical of Tyler...trying to imitate everything that his older brothers do.

Me & my boys
Eric & the boys. Check out Mark's face...Mr. Grumpy Gills.





We also took a trip on our 4-wheelers to enjoy the gorgeous fall weather. Not too many pictures, but we still had a great time. Tyler fell asleep on the way down the mountain & I found out it is really hard to hold a sleeping baby & maneuver a 4-wheeler at the same time. I had a major forearm workout that day!



We wanted to use every opportunity to soak up the last of the nice weather & see the fall colors before winter sets in, so we also headed up a small canyon just about 20 minutes from our house. I love the fact that we live so close to gorgeous scenery like this and can be up the canyon & away from the stresses of life in minutes.
Fall is one of my favorite times of year...especially when you get the mix of all the fall colors in one palette.







2 comments:

Lorrie said...

You're BACK in the blogging world!!! nice fall colors

Tonia said...

The boys all look like they've grown so much this summer! I love the fall pictures, they are so beautiful. I have to admit that I do miss the fall, I haven't had a real one in years!