To start out our month we watched General Conference on TV. We set up laundry baskets with blankets & pillows for Mark & Tyler to try & keep them entertained. They thought it was pretty cool & it kept them entertained for quite a while. They had their paper, pencils, crayons & toys stocked in the basket for easy accessibility.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Happy Fall Y'all!
So I thought I'd dust off the old computer keys & surprise everyone by posting on my blog! So much has happened over the past few months, but to keep it simple I will just recap a few events from the last month.

Then we spent several days during the second week of October in Montana. Jon & Holli were sealed in Cardston, Alberta temple so we went up for the occasion. While there, we stopped to visit Eric's grandma who is in a special care facility.
Here are Jon & Holli after their ceremony. The few days we were in Montana were SO cold! We left beautiful fall weather in Utah & drove right into winter-type weather. It was even colder in Cardston...when we got to the temple it was only 8 degrees! BRRR!
This is the Cardston temple. It looks like a fortress or something. Really cool architecture.
Jon & Holli
We spent an afternoon at the shooting range. Shooting at targets is actually pretty fun!
Mark got to shoot the little Chipmunk gun for the first time. He loved it & did a pretty good job. Grandpa Kelly taught him how to use it & how to be safe while using a firearm. We stress gun safety because we want our kids to be responsible when using a firearm--for obvious reasons!
What a sharp shooter!
Cute! Eric helping Mark line up the sights & hit the target.
Evan was in heaven at the shooting range. He loves playing combat games on the computer & shooting the gun was the real deal. He is actually a great shot!

We carved pumpkins for a family activity several days before Halloween. Evan & I teamed up & we made the friendly pumpkin, while Mark wanted something more sinister. I thought the pictures turned out funny because it looks like Evan's pumpkin is scared of Mark's pumpkin.
On October 29, we had a surprise birthday party for my dad's 60th birthday. He had no clue that we were all throwing him a party & needless to say we truly did surprise him.
Yes, we even made him wear an "Over the Hill" hat during the party.
Here's the cake I made for him.
And here's the cake I made for Shane (it was his 25th birthday).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
What fun, new pictures! And yes, I am definitely loving the Cardston Temple. So different! Beautiful. And I love the shooting range pictures, too. I can't believe how BIG all your boys are!!!
Welcome back! I loved hearing about your fall so far! Keep us posted!
Yea! I'm so glad you posted. You're boys are looking so much older and getting more and more handsome by the minute.
Looks like you guys have been having a ton of fun.
I should have Jared take Logan to the shooting range-he'd LOVE it!
Welcome back! It looks like you guys had a busy month. The Cardston temple is really beautiful, I'm a fan. I loved your idea to keep your little ones entertained during conference, I'll have to remember that one! You are all looking great!
Yes, 4 balls of dough. It is my absolute favorite pie crust! You could, I suppose, use it as a single-crust, too, making 4 pies without tops. Just an idea. :)
What a busy month you've had. Loved the General Conference idea...we're going to have to try that next time.
Take Care,
Becky
P.S. You were a very beautiful Tinkerbell! That's so fun you dressed up. :)
Post a Comment