Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winter Fun

Eric took some much needed time off during the Christmas holiday, so we took full advantage of the big snow storm we had a couple days after Christmas. About a minute from where we live is a great hill for sledding so we got in our winter gear & headed out for an afternoon of fun!

I wasn't sure how Tyler would react to it, but I should have known that being the daredevil he is that he would have a blast--which he did. As soon as we'd get to the top of the hill he'd tell me, "Again!" So we'd hop on the sled & go again. He got double-the-fun because he not only got to ride the sled on the way down, but he'd also hop on & catch a ride while I pulled the sled up the hill.

Eric had fun making snowballs & launching them with a snowball shooter the boys got for Christmas. Tyler took the snowballs & made little mini snowmen with them (something he's been dying to do all winter) & after a while he must have gotten hungry because he started eating a snowball. When I asked him what he was eating he told me, "Snow apple." (You'll see it in the video.)

Evan brought his buddy, Peter along & they had a blast. We didn't even see them half of the time because they were flying off a hill that had a jump at the bottom...and they loved every second of it.

So even though I miss the warm weather, sometimes nothing beats a day spent sledding with the family!

No comments: