I thought when I graduated from school that my homework days were over, but boy was I wrong. There are certain homework assignments that are more for the parents than the kids. For example, at our school the kindergartners have a "Kindy 500" where they make a car out of a cardboard box & take it to school and "drive" it around to learn about various places of interest in the United States. Great idea in theory...but how many kindergartners out there are really going to be able to make their own cardboard car? Mark wants a Jeep, of course, and so I am using all of the creative juices my brain can muster to come up with some ideas for how to turn a cardboard box into an off-road, totally awesome Jeep.
So, this homework assignment we just finished for Mark turned out to be one of those "mostly parent" assigments. It's called "Show and Teach" and basically the kids get to pick something that they want to teach the class and then they either present it during class or make a movie on how to do whatever it is they want to teach and then show it to their class. It took Mark a while to decide what he wanted to teach his class, but he finally settled on how to make cookies. Since you can't bake cookies at school that left us with the option of making a movie to show the class...and that's where my part of the assignment came in.
Well, I am definitely all for teaching my kids how to cook and bake, in hopes that one day I can retire from that job and they can take over for me. So, he got right to work and started by digging through the play dough box (because that's where all of our cookie cutters are stored) to find just the right cookie cutter...and after a little thought he narrowed it down to a bat because Batman is his current superhero of choice. Then he went to work making the cookies (after he washed the cookie cutter, of course). Check out the video to see our own Emeril whipping up a batch of cookies extraordinaire!
P.S. You may have to turn your sound up pretty high because Mark talks really quietly (but don't forget to turn it down when the movie is over! ;)
4 comments:
I am always too late to watch the movies attached to peoples blogs! You are 100% when you describe homework projects...it never ends, I swear! I guess that makes successful kids to have their parents involved!
I loved it, loved it!! I loved the music that was playing. I bet Mark did too. I loved that the ingredients were all set out just like on a real cooking show. I loved how he had to lay the cookies just in his own special way. I loved how he said "yum" when he had a bite. It was just as cute as could be. Good job!!
I don't know why I'm having trouble watching the videos on your blog. I couldn't get this one to work for me either.
You are such a good momma though to "help" your boys with their homework!
Right after I left that last comment I tried again and it worked for me.
I think you ought to just turn all your baking over to Mark, he did such a great job! I love how he lined the cookies up on the cookie sheet. It was amazing how much he looked like a little Evan in that video! So cute!
Post a Comment