Thursday, January 15, 2009

Monster Trucks & Other Stuff

Mark was in the mood for drawing & didn't have any paper handy so he just used the closest thing...the table top! I don't know why the pictures uploaded sideways because they are the right way on my computer, but if you turn your head sideways you can still see what he drew.

This first picture is the whole montage.

Here is a dinosaur getting ready to eat a man wearing a hat & they are next to various letters from his name. He also put a couple of pink stamps on it for good measure.

Here's his beloved monster truck. It has a driver in the front seat, a flag in the bed of the truck & even "beams" of light shining out of the headlights on front. Other than the fact that it was drawn on the table, I thought he did a remarkably good job.


And here he is being a good little boy & cleaning up his masterpiece.




Tyler is learning to be quite the little artist as well. I walked into the kitchen the other day & found him sprawled out on the floor with pencil in hand & paper in front of him. It was so cute to see him mimicking Mark.



He was so proud of his artwork! (The pictures on the paper were drawn by Mark, not Tyler...just FYI!)


I was looking through some pictures from this summer & found this one of Tyler sitting in a monster truck. He thought it was great until someone started to push him in it. Check out the video clip below & pay particular attention to his eyes as he is being pushed. I think he realized he was in way over his head once it started moving. So funny!





8 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

I will award you 50 Good Mom points for making the homemade playdough, and another 25 for letting them play with it, and an additional 25 for having 2 friends over! Congratulations! You deserve a night out! (I can help you with that...)

I enjoy Mark's art, he is so detailed and I love that his "subject matter" is so different from the butterflies and rainbows being drawn at our home!

Fun!

Now, we need some Christmas posts!

Ginger said...

Cringe!?! I take it that is was washable? Gotta love kids, remind me and I will totally by Mark a roll of butcher paper for his Birthday! That was my favorite thing in the world as a kid!

Tonia said...

My first thought when I saw his pictures was, "oh no, your table." So I was glad at the end to see that he was able to clean it up! Mark is such a talented artist and it was so cute to see Tyler trying to do the same. That video cracked me up too. So cute!

Melinda H. said...

My boys do the same thing, only they like to use sharpie when they draw. My table looks like I've sanded it. Those Mr. Clean scrubber things work miracles!

Melinda H. said...

Yup, we are in Anchorage. We have lived here almost four years. Greg has partnership in a couple of dental practices. We love it here and the people are great. It's actually growing way too big. We were in Philly before that for four years. So we have almost been gone from Utah for eight years, crazy, huh? I guess that's why all your siblings have grown up and have kids...I haven't seen anybody forever.

Grammajo said...

If you look at Marks pictures the way they are on the blog they look like something that you might find on a cave wall with the cave men. They look like they should be telling us a great story, which I'm sure they are, we just haven't figured it out yet. Tyler just wants to be one of the big boys doesn't he.

Lorrie said...

So what I really want to know Jamie...is did you have a "moment" or did you stay calm? Looks like you need to take stock in Crayola...paper etc. He really is a good artist.

Lani said...

I love how you're laughing as Tyler is just staring at you with Help! in his face!
And what a good boy to help you clean the table-at least it came off!