Friday, January 30, 2009

My New Love

I finally got a Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas and I am in love! (Don't worry, Eric is totally supportive of my new relationship...he has been the happy recipient of many a tasty morsel because of it.) I whipped out a batch of cookies in no time flat. In fact, I've been making way too many cookies lately for my own good, but they're so easy that I can't help myself. I'll have to work my arms out extra hard now that I won't be mixing, stirring & kneading by hand, but hey, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. They say ignorance is bliss, and I was blissfully unaware of how easy baking could be. Now that I've seen the light, I can never go back to the dark side! Thanks Santa!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

THat is too funny because I was just telling donald 2 nights ago that is the ONE thing I really really want!!!!! SOON! So hopefully Santa will bring me one too!

PS thanks for the running tips.I am really nervous about this but excited too.

Tonia said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have told Andre in the past that if our Kitchenaid ever goes out we will HAVE to buy a new one. I use it for everything (it's even good to make mashed potatoes in - no mashing involved they fall apart during the mixing process)! I'm glad you are enjoying yours.

a.men said...

I have one too and I love it! Plus you can get lots of cool attachments. Have fun!

Lorrie said...

They are indeed a wonder! Loved mine...I've upgraded to a bosch so that I can make bigger batches of bread...although I've only done that twice since Christmas. They are great little gadgets to have around though!

Shane's Angie said...

My Bosch helps me make AMAZING pizza dough. It is so quick and easy, you feel like you can whip it up faster than delivery! I'm glad you got such a delightful gift from Santa...you must have been VERY good this year!

Holli Raymond said...

Yaay!! I was there when you got to open you new toy! I'm so glad that you're getting good use out of it! I really don't know how you made it this long without a mixer of some sort. You're just crazy I guess. :)

p.s. I found an anatomically correct drawing that Mark left at our house...heheHAHA. I'll scan it and send it your way when I fix my scanner.

Lani said...

I'm still trying to convince Jared that getting one would be a very WISE purchase. I'll have to let him read your post maybe HE'LL see the light!