Then I made "labels" & put them in bags & stapled the label on. Voila! Instant, unique, cheap, and totally appropriate for a baptism. (I think I spent all of 75 cents per gift.)
While we were at the baptism I was explaining to Mark & Evan about baptism & what happens when you are baptized. I told them that when they are baptized all of their sins are washed away & you are clean as if you had never done anything wrong before. To which Evan said, "I can't wait until I get baptized because I've done some pretty bad things." This is EVAN I'm talking about, and anyone who knows Evan knows that the worst thing he has probably ever done is tease Mark. Evan is the most obedient, respectful & good kid. I just had to laugh when I heard him say that...but by the way he said it you would have thought he had committed a murder or something. He was so serious.
I guess I have had a bit of a Betty Homemaker bug in me lately. I also made a couple of birthday gifts for two of my nieces & I thought they turned out pretty cute.
They are crayon roll-ups & I have to thank Aprel for giving me this idea & instructions at our Super Saturday this past fall. These are so easy, fast and inexpensive to make & they are perfect for your Sunday bag. I have used ziplocs, the crayon box or even a pencil box in the past & all of them have been destroyed, too noisy or too big. These crayon roll ups are quiet & compact & the best part is you know if you're missing a crayon because one of the slots will be empty. They are so cool!
Here is what it looks like all rolled up.
And here is what it looks like on the inside.
So there's my little crafty projects of late. And by the way, I found my memory card reader (Tyler didn't lose it afterall, it was just hiding in our camera case) and I am so happy because now I can start uploading all of the pictures we have taken since Christmas. Be prepared for an onslaught of stuff as I get caught up on all that we have done!
3 comments:
I love those fun ideas! I am in charge of the baptisms in my stake and those scripture name things are so cute. I also have way too many crayons and that crayon holder is great! I am way excited to go look up a flipper. That is definetly my biggest complaint in having all boys...they can't aim!
Jamie those are super cute ideas!! How perfect for a baptism gift. AND I LOVE THE CRAYON
HOLDER!! Janie is obsessed with crayons at church. I'm going to be calling you to see how you did it!!
I am so glad that you made more Crayon Roll-ups! They are so cute!
I love those tags. I am going to have to do that!
Post a Comment