Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kangaroo Zoo

Evan is out of school for spring break this week & Toni also happens to be in town this week so we (my sisters) planned to go to the zoo yesterday. Of course, as luck would have it, the weather was horrible (it snowed 4-5 inches at my house...so much for "spring" break) so we altered our plans and went to the Kangaroo Zoo instead. It is an indoor play center that has a bunch of inflatable slides & things for the kids to play & bounce on. It was so nice to go with a large group of people because each of the older kids was able to help out with a younger kid, plus there were enough adults to spread the little kids around, too. It was nice because Evan ran around & played tag with his older boy cousins while Tyler hung out with Kaci & Mark was with me. Each of my boys was able to go on whichever bouncy toy they wanted & they all had a blast. They played so hard they were all sweating! It was a great alternative to the real zoo & thanks to all my sisters, nieces & nephews who helped us to have a wonderful time!

Alex, Bella, Tyler & Kaci in front of an alligator slide. Tyler wasn't bothered at all by the huge slides & obstacles, the only thing that did scare him were the big, sharp teeth on this alligator slide.
This is the only picture I got of Evan. He was running around & playing tag and I was lucky to get this quick pic of him.
Some of the play areas were for kids 4 & under only so Tyler was able to play without getting smashed by older kids. He had a blast!
Here is Mark on a giant sea creature just taking it easy.


Kaci took care of Ty most of the time we were there...thanks Kaci!
Here's Mark at the bottom of one of the slides doing an awesome spin move.

All in all, it was a great way to spend a cold, snowy spring break day!

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

yes, I have to agree - it was a fun afternoon!

Shane's Angie said...

How fun! I didn't do anything fun with my kids because I was sick for the first half of the week and now I'm thinking everything will be too busy!

Tonia said...

It was lots of fun! I'm glad we were able to get together. The pics turned out cute!

Lani said...

Don't you just love older nieces! There's nothing like a responsible kid to say, "Hey, can I watch your baby!"
Glad you guys had some family fun.

Ginger said...

It was fun! Always is:)