Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Laundry and Dishes
This morning Evan walks up to me and says matter-of-factly, "Mom, I hope you have enough energy to do the dishes and fold the laundry today." So as a busy mom, I start pondering why he would say this. Could it be that I keep my house so clean that when there is a mess he is shocked by the disorder of the house (I wish!)? Or, could it be that dishes are stacked on every counter in my kitchen and there are baskets of clean laundry oozing out all over the floor and he is just praying that I get around to doing it before he gets home from school so he won't have to participate in cleaning said mess? Or quite possibly (and this is my top choice) was he so worried when he saw the enormous stack of dishes & the gigantic pile of laundry to be folded that he knew it would take a miracle for me to be able to finish them all in one day without passing out from exhaustion?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmm, maybe Evan was thinking of me and said it to you instead... I woke up having that same thought! And since your house is always clean, I am sticking with that.
Or, perhaps he is worried that aforementioned laundry and dishes is an epidemic of Swine Flu proportions, as we have the same issues in our house!
Well...it doesn't get any better the older they get - I thought it would! My dishes and laundry are stacked high as well! And...if I don't ask the kids to do it, they WON'T! I guess I was that way too though. Evan's such a sweet guy to hope that you will have time to do your "jobs"
Post a Comment