Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I Wish I Were a Dog...
We went for a walk on a dirt trail near our home last night. Because of all the rain & snow lately there were big puddles of murky water all along the trail. Mark, being a true boy, wanted to walk through the puddles so badly. I told him if he walked through the puddles & the nasty water got into his shoes it would ruin them. Then he said to me, "I wish I were a dog because then I could run through the sloppy water." Only Mark can't pronounce his "l's" very well so instead of saying "sloppy" he said "swoppy". I wish I could spend one day in his head just to hear his thought processes. What does he think but not verbalize? It would be quite entertaining, I'm sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sometimes I want to be a dog too...on days when I want to eat huge amounts and sit in a patch of sunshine on the floor.
Thanks for the sympathy with Evie. Actually, her other ear drum burst Sunday night, and my back went out Saturday. We've had a cruddy weekend...except for Conference! But, some of it is hazy because I was on serious meds and muscle relaxants!
I hope your "bad news" on April 1st isn't anything terrible. Let me know if I can help in any way. BTW, did you get the invite for Cindy's shower?
Good 'Ol Mark...how I love that boy! He's always got a "trick" up his sleeve to make our day - even if he doesn't know it. I too would love to be a dog Mark...maybe in our next life???
Too cute! I love hearing about all the things your adorable little guy has to say. Can you just imagine the kinds of things he'll think up when he gets older!
Post a Comment