Monday, March 30, 2009

Salt Lake City Adventure

On Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a "girl's day out" with Hollie, my mom, my sisters & my nieces to attend the Young Women session of conference at the Conference Center.

Here we are gathered outside of Jeri's house before we left.

Lorrie, mom, Alex & Hollie all ready to go
We stopped at Winger's first to fill our tummies.
Alex & Lorrie


Kaci & Jeri

Hollie & Jamie
Jamie & Joanne

Here we are outside the Conference Center.

And we snapped one quick picture inside the Conference Center. We had great seats (we were on about row 20 from the front) & it was neat to be so close to the prophet. The moment that President Monson walked into the room everyone became completely silent & we all stood up. The spirit was so strong & it strengthened my testimony that Thomas S. Monson is truly a prophet of God.

The talks were amazing & I felt such peace & joy while we were there. I know that the messages were inspired & I felt honored to be able to participate in this wonderful meeting. I was so grateful that Hollie was able to come with us & I truly enjoyed her company. She is so special & a wonderful daughter & I enjoy feeling of her spirit when she is with us.


We rode Trax to & from conference so we wouldn't have to fight the traffic. Here's all the gals waiting outside at the train station. And to finish off our wonderful day, we stopped at Arctic Circle & had shakes. Yum!
We were sad that Ginger, Amy & Toni & her girls couldn't be with us, but maybe another time. We love you all!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That is awesome that you guys were able to go and that Holly was able to come too. She is so grown up! I almost didn't recognize her. And you look gorgeous! How is the running?

Ginger said...

I was sad not to be there also, but we did get to have a good time with Shane. And by the way, I actually think they would look way cute on you, I would wear one of them! They are small so they would be more of a subtle look. And well if you don't love them, I think Maddy would take them off your hands!

Tonia said...

What a fun trip - I'm jealous! You guys all look great and it looks like you had a lot of fun.

There is a good possibility we will be there in about 2 weeks so hopefully we'll see you soon!

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

How fun! I can't believe how old Holly looks. For some reason I still picture he as this little girl. Crazy. I am so glad you had a good time.

Shane's Angie said...

How did all those girls grow up so fast? I'm shocked! How fun for you to go out with your sisters and daughters for a fabulous and inspiring GNO!

Lani said...

What a fun girls outing! What a memorable experience, especially for the younger girls, to be able to go to the Conference Center and be so close to the prophet.
Glad you and Hollie had some quality time together!