Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dr. Mom is On Duty

Of all of the titles I have "earned" as a mother, Dr. Mom is the one I like the least. I have seen more gross things that have come from the human body than I ever wanted to. Sadly, Mark has been sick for two weeks. Yesterday morning his other eardrum ruptured...which means that both of his eardrums now have holes in them. He is actually happier than he has been for two weeks, but he still can't play a whole lot because he has stuff constantly draining out of both of his ears. I have to clean them out, put medicine in them, & replace the cotton every couple of hours. I literally feel like a nurse every time as I gather cotton swabs, medicine, paper towel, cotton balls & then have my "patient" lay down so I can take care of his ears. He has been a real trooper through this whole thing, and has been the nicest sick kid I have ever seen. He doesn't complain, and in fact, he greets me with a smile every time I come near him to put medicine in his ears. I'm hoping that he'll be back to his old self in no time & that I can put away my medicine bag for a while. I'm ready for summer & playing outside. Bring on the sun!

5 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Boy do we understand the ear issues! Sorry, and I second that "bring on the sun" comment!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Every day of your life!!!!!!! I bet you love all of those presents from Evan and Mark!

Lorrie said...

I hope Mark is up to his "hulkish" "Indie" self in no time! Poor kid anyway...

Holli Raymond said...

Poor little guy!! Tell him that Jon and I said Hi and that we hope we can see him again soon!

Tonia said...

Poor Mark, that's so sad! It sounds like he's been a little trooper through it all. I hope he gets better soon and that you guys get some sun out your way - did it snow again today?

By the way, our "green" dinner was just a pasta dish I make with green food coloring thrown in it. Bella likes it but Livie doesn't eat much of anything any more. I can send you the recipe if you want it.