Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quilting

Our good friends adopted a son & we were blessed to be able to attend the sealing at the Jordan River temple on Saturday. I had this brilliant idea that I could make the little boy a quilt & that it would be symbolic of their family being sealed, just like each square of the quilt is bound together so is their family now. It was a wonderful experience & the spirit was so strong. We are so happy for them & are grateful that they invited us to be part of their special day.

Here's a picture of the finished quilt. Jayce loves monster trucks...the bigger the better. The closest thing I could find to monster trucks was this Hummer fabric. Mark went nuts over the blanket & couldn't understand why I was making this awesome blanket just to give it away to someone he doesn't even know. It looks like I may have to make him some pajama pants out of it or something. He had a major case of blanket envy.




4 comments:

Tonia said...

Good work, what a great blanket. I like how you tied it together - it was a brilliant idea!

Melinda H. said...

You are very talented...and ambitious. I think of doing great things for people, but it never happens. But then again, I don't know how to quilt that well.

Shane's Angie said...

Darling! In a masculine sorta way! Kudos on the quilting abilities!

Lorrie said...

You're becoming quite the seamstress. The quilt is really cute! Great job.