Friday, March 20, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Festivities

This year St. Patrick's Day was spent taking care of my little Mark who has, as of today, been sick for nine days straight. He woke up early on the morning of St. Patrick's day with an earache which means that I spent a good portion of my day holding him & trying to soothe him. (His eardrum ruptured two nights ago so I am hoping that he'll be on the recovery end of his illness now.)



Here is how Mark spent the majority of his St. Patrick's Day this year. Poor kid. He even has cold sores that have broken out all over his chin. His poor little body has been seriously under attack!

The only festive thing I did this year was make "Lucky Four-Leaf Clover Rolls". Here they are in the pan as they are rising.



And here they are after I baked them in the oven. I think they turned out pretty cute & the kids loved them.


Eric & Ty


Doug & Chelsey (Eric's sister & hubby) invited us over for dinner. At this point Mark was feeling better so we stopped in for a quick visit & traditional Irish meal of Corned Beef & cabbage along with some other green food. (In hindsight, I wouldn't have gone had I known how bad Mark's ear really was. But at the time he told me he felt fine & with kids it is so hard to know. They are sick one minute & fine the next. Oh well, live & learn!) Eric played one quick game of pool before we left. I love how he is sticking out his tongue in concentration in this picture. So funny!

I hope you all had a fun St. Patrick's day!

3 comments:

Tonia said...

9 days!! Poor Mark and poor you. I hope everything is o.k. and that he gets better soon.

Lorrie said...

Poor little Markey Mark...I sure do hope that he is up and doing better soon. Sick kids is the worst (for them and mom's). Let me know if you need anything!

Ginger said...

Poor Mark, and Poor you! I think it is almost harder on the mom when kids are sick! Hope you guys are getting better! On the bright side your rolls are adorable! Too cute Jamie!