Thursday, March 12, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

We went to the Draper temple open house on Tuesday, February 10. It just so happened to storm during the night so when we left early that morning the traffic was terrible. We hit rush hour traffic & because of the storm everyone was driving so slowly. It took us a lot longer to get there than we had originally anticipated, but it was worth the wait.


The night before we had a Family Home Evening about the temple & explained to our kids what we do at the temple & why it is so important & special to us. We also showed them our white clothes. Mark loved my white dress & he ran over to me & hugged me when he saw it. On Tuesday morning when we were getting ready to go to the open house he asked me why I wasn't wearing my white dress to the temple.


We dropped Tyler off at Jeri's house so that I wouldn't have to wrestle with him while we were in the temple. I wanted to enjoy my experience & be available to talk to my kids about it. We were also blessed to have Hollie come with us. She had to miss a day of school to come, but we were so glad that she did.


We had a wonderful time on our adventure to the temple & we all felt the spirit so strong. Evan said his favorite room was the celestial room & Mark's favorite room was the baptismal font. I am so grateful that I was able to share this opportunity with my kids. I am so grateful that I have been married in the temple & sealed to my family forever! What a great blessing it is to be alive on the earth at this time and that we are able to go to the temple.

Everyone is anxiously awaiting the short video about the temple before we got loaded on the bus.Finally...we get to load onto the bus. This was an exciting adventure for Mark who has never ridden on a bus before.

This is the same picture with Eric in it.

There weren't many people on our tour so the kids had their pick of seats on the bus. They chose to sit in the very back.And here they are enjoying a cookie & a drink afterward.


2 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

We went too! It was amazing! I didn't get any pictures, because it was dark outside and we were heared through everything so quickly I didn't feel like I could stop everyone just so I could get a picture! I'm glad you posted, because picture or not, I need to remember that day!

Grammajo said...

Yes, what a wonderful excursion for your family and it is great that they could feel the spirit too and it will help them want to go back again. Aren't we glad that the Ocher Mtn. open house is in a few months too. I also love the temple and am grateful to have a forever family with you in it!