Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Y oh Y

This past Saturday we decided to hike up to the “Y”.  I remember doing it as a teenager & Eric had never done it, so we gathered the troops & headed out on an adventure. 

I remember thinking the hike was steep & treacherous as a teenager, but thought that I had been much more out of shape then & it wouldn’t be too bad now.  However, much to my surprise, it was still steep & treacherous the entire time!  Tyler was being super slow & looking at every rock & plant so I ended up carrying him in a backpack on my back the entire way.  It was a leg burner, that’s for sure!

But in the end we all made it (barely), with only a few tears & whining along the way.  Going back was a welcome relief to our tired legs.  We’re glad we did it, but I don’t think the boys will be asking to go back there anytime soon.  However, every time we have seen the “Y” since then, the boys point it out & with pride talk about how they hiked up to the top.

 IMG_1845

IMG_1852

IMG_1844

IMG_1842

IMG_1835

IMG_1834

IMG_1832

IMG_1830

1 comment:

Tonia said...

You guys have spent a lot of time hiking lately. I'm jealous, I love hiking! Everyone looks pretty good after the strenuous hike, no tears or anything :)

What a fun time!