Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Ten Years!

As of May 26th, Eric & I have officially been married for 10 years! Where does the time go? It doesn't seem possible that I've been married that long, yet I can't remember what life was like before being married & having a family.

I am so grateful for my sweetheart & the good man that he is. He is so amazing & I am truly blessed to be married to him.

We chose to celebrate our ten year annivesary the way we started our relationship...hiking. We got engaged on a hike at Angel's Landing in Zion's National Park so we figured it was appropriate that we celebrate ten wonderful years of marriage on the trail, too. My mom & dad took the kids overnight & we headed to Capitol Reef National Park. It was so nice to only have to set up a camp for two. I'm so used to taking everything from the house, including the kitchen sink that I thought, "I could get used to camping like this." We went out for dinner at a fabulous burger joint in Torrey, Utah & then found a campsite fit for two. The next morning we were up by 7:00 & had eaten breakfast, gotten ready, taken down camp & were on the road by 8:00. We were on the trail by 8:30 & had a wonderful time hiking a gorgeous slot canyon (7 1/2 miles to be exact). It was a wonderful day to celebrate & remember all of the great memories we've made...with lots more to come!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Happy 10 years! I can't believe it's been that long either - where does the time go? I loved the video - it looks like you guys had a great time! I love the song you chose to go with it. It was all very sweet! Congrats you guys!