It's interesting how sometimes in our life things come around full circle. When Eric was a kid they went camping in the High Sierra's in California, and just this past summer we also took our family to that same place. As we were looking through our pictures we noticed that we had pictures of Eric as a teenager & now twenty years later in the same exact place. How cool is that? It's fun to think of Eric twenty years ago camping with his dad, not even having a clue that in the future he would bring his own family back to share some of the things he loves with them.
This is Eric as a teenager with his brother, Jon, at Mt. Tom lookout.

And here's Eric Augst 2008 with Evan & Mark at Mt. Tom lookout in the exact same place.

Eric & Jon posing in front of a sign nailed to a tree at the start of their hike.

Eric & our boys posing in front of a tree before taking the same hike.
I am so grateful that Eric enjoys camping, hiking & spending time in the outdoors. I always wanted to marry a man who would enjoy those things because they are things I have always loved to do as well. I am glad that he has shared his "past" with his "future" & I know we have created memories with our boys that will last a lifetime!
3 comments:
That is so cool! If we had full circle moments they would involve things like Disneyland rides and hotel rooms, though we are trying to become better campers. Next year we plan on taking the "Merry-Ang" out lots more! I love seeing those pictures from the past!
What a cool opportunity to be able to take your kids back to the same place that Eric went as a kid and especially to take pictures in the same places. Hopefully one day your boys will take their kids there and do the same thing, that would be cool!
Can you email me those two pics with Jon in them?? I would LOVE to add them to my collection. I don't have much pictures of Jon when he was young...anymore that you find that have Jon in them...would you please send them my way? :)
Post a Comment