Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Way it Should Be


After setting up my Christmas decorations this year, I noticed that one of my kids had moved all of the figurines in the Nativity. When I had set it out, I put all of the characters facing out so that everyone who walked by could see them. However, when I walked past later they were all facing in a circle around baby Jesus. At first, I thought about rearranging them so that it would "look" better, but then I realized that it was the way it should be. Just as all of the people gathered in a circle in my Nativity scene were focused on the baby Jesus, we should also focus our thoughts & attention to Him and remember why it is we celebrate this wondrous time of year. So if you come to my house at Christmastime, you will most likely find a Nativity scene where everyone is gathered around the baby Jesus in celebration of his birth and life.
The scriptures tell us to be as little children, and I'd have to say I agree wholeheartedly with that. Children are so faithful and pure and they just want to do what's right. I am so grateful for my sweet kids who inspire me & fill my life with so much joy each and every day.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

That is so sweet. I remember re-facing my mom's nativity the same way when I was young, and yet, if you look at my nativity now, it is all facing outward as well. How quickly we forget, huh? That is a sweet reminder. I wish it were always so easy to be child-like.

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

How wonderful. What a special treat to find. Thanks for the reminder.

Ginger said...

That Edward story makes me a little sad! Poor kid. I have heard that elephants spook easily, but not kids watching elephants! And the slide show was courtesy of Photobucket. Gotta love it.

Shane's Angie said...

My kids always do that too, that is a beautiful way to think about it. I remember thinking that as a kid too...everyone should be equa-distance from the baby! I love your new layout and the pics of the kids down the side. Beautiful!