Sunday, November 9, 2008
The Dreaded Stomach Flu
Last night we had our first (and hopefully last) round of the stomach flu of the season. Mark came home from playing at a friend's house, acting perfectly fine & not complaining of feeling sick in the slightest bit when without warning he threw up. Luckily it wasn't a lot & it was in the office so it was easily cleaned up. We gave him a bath & while he curled up on the floor outside the bathroom he fell asleep. A few minutes later we heard him crying so we ran to him & he had thrown up again. When I turned the corner, he was looking at the mess on the new carpet and then he said, "Damn-it." I normally don't allow swearing or naughty words to come out of my kids' mouths, but I thought he was justified in saying this at that very moment. Gratefully he only threw up four times & was still able to get a full nights sleep (which means that I did, too!) and he is feeling perfectly fine today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sympathy and empathy. Though we do not have the stomach flu, Natalie has had a fever for 6 days. I've taken her in twice now. Just a virus. Just? I'd rather it be an infection that I could give pink antibiotic and they'd feel better in a day. Ho Hum.
Poor Mark, that is just no fun! That is hillarious that he swore while looking at the mess on the new carpet. Poor kid, he probably thought he was in big trouble! So cute!
Oh man. That is the worst. I laughed my butt off when I picture him swearing because he's had enough. That will stay with me all day. Don't you just have those moments yourself. I am sorry you had to go through all of that.
I am so sorry! That sounds no fun at all, but I got a good laugh out of Mark's reaction, especially beacause money says as you rounded the corner the same words popped into your head right? Leave it to Mark to say what everyone else is thinking!
Totally justified!
Post a Comment