Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight

I went to see Twilight last night with some of my great friends. We had a ton of fun & I really enjoyed the movie. There were a few things that really bugged me about the movie, but all in all I thought it was good & followed the book pretty well. Of course, there were lots of scenes that were left out, but my favorite scene was the baseball scene. It seemed like by this point in the movie they had figured out the special effects & music & the cinematography & it all finally came together.

I really didn't care for Bella AT ALL & I thought she could have acted her part a lot better. She seemed to have one mood the entire movie, and that's not how she was portrayed in the book. I also didn't like the music they picked for the first half of the movie. I thought it was a mismatch & sounded unnatural with what was on screen. I also thought some of the special effects were corny. Other than that, I enjoyed the movie & thought it was fun to see the characters brought to life & see the differences between what I pictured when I read the book & what was shot on screen.
Thanks, Ang, for organizing our Girl's Night Out. It was so fun to be there with the girls & have an enjoyable child-free evening of chewing the fat & remembering old times. And Lani, thanks for being our side-show entertainment. It made the movie so much more enjoyable to watch your reactions! Love ya, girls!

2 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Ditto on the Twilight critique! I'm so glad you made it, we haven't gotten together nearly enough these last few years...it's time for all that to change! That Thing You Do, here we come!

Lani said...

I had so much fun with you guys! It was just like old times. Sorry for my commentary during the show, I don't know what came over me!