Friday, July 25, 2008

Dentist Day Drama

Today we went to the dentist to get some dental work done, some of which included getting two of Evan's baby teeth pulled. His adult teeth were growing in behind his baby teeth & consequently it made it so that his baby teeth weren't getting loose. Eric had the same problem when he was a kid & he had to get most of his teeth pulled out by the dentist. So, it looks like Evan has inherited teeth like Eric's. Evan did great while the dentist was working on his mouth & all was fine and dandy. When he was done, I went to the front desk to check out & Evan was hugging me around my waist. All of a sudden & without warning the next thing I knew I was covered in throw up. Yes, Evan got so nervous or grossed out or something that he totally threw up all over me & the dentist office floor. Thankfully the receptionist was super nice about it & ran to get us towels to clean ourselves up, and while Evan & I got cleaned up she scrubbed the floor.

This first picture is the last picture we will ever have of Evan with his two bottom baby teeth. He looks a little nervous, doesn't he?
Here is what his mouth looked like with two rows of teeth. We told him he was like a shark...they have several rows of teeth.
And here he is kicking back watching an episode of Spongebob before the dentist came in.
I had every intention of getting an "after" picture of Evan, but with all the drama I completely forgot. I guess I'll have to post one later!

3 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Now that's one place Gracie hasn't vomitted! She's famous for her puking, but you have me beat with that one!

Tonia said...

First of all that receptionist handled it better than I think I would have. I probably would have lost it myself trying to clean up some little boys puke! Vomit and I don't get along very well. But poor Evan, I'm sure that the whole thing was a miserable experience for him. And by the way, there is nothing special about why I'm sick...just a bad cold or something! You can call anyway ;)

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Wow.. Poor Even, Poor Everybody! The dentist is one crazy and scary place for everybody. I am glad he did well during it.