Mark actually picked Dookie out as his souvenir from Kennecott. Eric wasn't going to let him buy it at first because of our past experience with stuffed animals. In the past, Evan has been the stuffed animal lover of the family & Mark has gotten one just so he could be like Evan. But before long, Mark's stuffed animal would end up being tossed by the wayside rarely to be played with again. However, for some reason this stuffed animal is different. Mark has adopted it as only Mark can. He takes it almost everywhere & even brushes its teeth at night before bed. Dookie has to sit outside the bathtub while Mark is bathing because he can't get in the water. (Although Mark can't understand why because real animals can get wet, so why not Dookie?) So without further adieu, here he is in all his furry, fuzzy, snuggly glory. Meet Dookie!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Meet Dookie
We have a new member of our family...it is a cute stuffed bear that Mark has named Dookie (or Dukie). I am actually quite shocked that he has bonded with this cuddly creature because in the past the only thing he has bonded with is monster trucks, cars, jeeps, 4-wheelers, & motorcycles. Yes, he would even sleep with them at night. I don't know how comfortable that could be, but it didn't seem to bother Mark.
(After I took the picture above, Mark asked me to take another picture of him "working". This is the result. I'm not sure what kind of work he is doing, but I think that's the kind of work I wish I had to do. Honestly, where did we get this kid?)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok, so maybe you don't want to know this, but Dookie is Shane's word for poop. I know, you thought we only used the word "Bops", but no, that is just Evie's word. I know what you are thinking..."The Sullivans need to quit making up words for bodily functions." Anyway, reading your post made me laugh just because I associate that word with that!
There is something so adorable about seeing your kid fall in love with some little thing. Evie has several objects she is endeared to. Sorry about the word association I revealed to you, hopefully it will not taint your love and appreciation for that bear! Ha!
Post a Comment