Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Evan's Karate Tournament

Evan was in a statewide karate tournament this past weekend for the Bobby Lawrence Karate Schools. They had to get up and introduce themselves to the judges, tell them what style of karate they are in and what moves they were going to do. In Evan's case, he did Taek Yokushodon (sp?) for his form and Halting Ram and Halting Mace for his self-defense. It was in an auditorium filled with hundreds of people, but Evan handled it like a champ. He practiced all week and did an awesome job! Check out the video to see a recap of the event...

5 comments:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Wow, he did great! It is amazing to see how far he's come from that shy little guy that I used to know. Tell him congrats!

Shane's Angie said...

Way to go Evan! You looked great...and I loved that song Jamie!

Melissa said...

Wow! CONGRATS Evan! That is so awesome!

Tonia said...

Awesome job Evan! You made your Aunt Toni and Uncle Andre proud!!! I don't know if you know but Andre is a black belt in some form of karate, maybe one day they can practice together (if Andre remembers anything)! Keep up the good work.

On another note, I've never told you Jamie, I really like your haircut!

Lani said...

Great job Evan! All your hard work paid off!