Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lions & Tigers & Bears...Oh My!

We spent the day today at the Hogle Zoo and it was a wonderful day. It is only the second time I have taken my kids to the zoo, and after how exhausted I feel right now I know why. We made a family event out of it by going with my mom and dad (they both took the day off to come, and we're sure glad they did), Jeri & her kids, and Ginger & Maddy. It was nice to have more adults than kids and it sure made the day a lot easier and more enjoyable for me. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and the weather was beautiful, too. I have a bunch of pictures that I am going to upload, but I don't have time tonight because I need to pack for our camping trip that we're leaving for tomorrow morning. So...check back in a couple of days for photos and a report on our first camping trip of the year. (Mark is so excited he can hardly wait. He has been asking me almost every day all winter when we get to go camping. He's all boy, through and through!)

2 comments:

Lani said...

My kids love the zoo. The best zoo is the Santa Barbara Zoo, it's right by the ocean and it only takes maybe 2 hours to walk the whole thing-perfect for little kids! Have a great time camping!

Shane's Angie said...

I can't wait to see the pics! I hope you had fun camping...no snakes in your socks or anything...we sure missed you at the shower!