Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy April Fool's Day!

I'm not very good at trickery on April Fool's Day. I tried to play some practical jokes on people when I was younger, but I wasn't very good at it. I'm probably really fun to play practical jokes on because I pretty much fall for everything. Evan and Eric both fooled me today. So, to get even I made grilled cheese sandwiches for dessert tonight.

Okay...so they weren't real grilled cheese sandwiches (but they look pretty authentic, huh?). They were actually slices of Angel food cake that had been toasted and then spread with frosting that I had tinted to resemble American cheese slices. Then I cut them diagonally and voila! Mock grilled cheese sandwiches. We started this tradition several years ago when we went to our friends' house for dinner (Shanna...you know what I'm talking about, girl!) and I served them spaghetti and meatballs for dessert. Of course, it wasn't the real thing then either, but they fell for my prank (or at least they did a good job of pretending). Ever since then, I have tried to make some kind of mock dinner or dessert on April Fool's Day.
Can you believe I live with these three crazy boys???!!!

3 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

I'm so stealing that idea for next year...keep em' coming!

Lani said...

You and Ang are such good moms!! I'm so impressed with your creativeness and willingness to do all the fun mom things. I gave up a while ago. But I think you two are inspiring me to make a change!

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

You are so creative. I remember when we came over for an April Fools dinner. That was so fun. I can't believe it's been years and years ago. Where does the time go?