Thursday, June 12, 2008

Birthday Festivities

We had a wonderful day on Eric's birthday. It started out with a breakfast (made by me...this is a treat for him because he makes breakfast every day) of sausage, eggs & hashbrowns. Here are the boys eating their breakfast feast.

Tyler loved it, too!
Mark & I made a huckleberry-apple pie in lieu of Eric's birthday cake. We aren't huge cake fans, but pie always hits the spot. I was first introduced to huckleberries in Montana and they have since become a favorite berry of mine. You can only get them in Montana (I think) and they are hard to come by, so I have to thank Crystal for giving us some. I had just enough left to make a scrumptious birthday pie for Eric.
I can always count on Mark or Evan to help me when I'm baking yummy things to eat. They are going to be good chef's when they get older if they keep up their good work in the kitchen.


After work, I took Eric out to a delicious Peruvian restaurant called La Carreta. The food is always soooo good & we enjoyed every delicious bite!
After dinner we went and played some black light miniature golf. I'd never been golfing in the dark before, but it was lots of fun. We're excited to take our kids back there sometime because they would have a blast golfing with glowing balls & neon fish everywhere.
I beat Eric, but only by a few points. I always enjoy a little friendly competition!
I love you, Eric, and I hope you had a great birthday. Thanks to everyone who came by to help us celebrate. We loved having everyone come over & share our pie and ice cream. And thanks, Crystal, for the huckleberries & the recipe. The pie was a big hit!

4 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Ooh, that pie does look delightful! I've never been to a Peruvian restaurant, maybe I'll give it a try! Happy Birthday Eric!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jamie for the wonderful birthday date! Also, the pie was super delicious. I think you finally have the crust down to perfection!

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday Eric! We have been wanting to try that resturant since it was in that little shack, Jon lived just down the road from it and we have always said we should go there, but we still haven't been there! Good to know it gets good reviews! And I grew up on Huckleberry Jam and chocolates, I agree they are GREAT! And your pie totally looks Martha Stewart Jamie... Good Job!

Tonia said...

The pie really was fabulous! Even though we probably wouldn't be using huckleberries I still need your filling recipe!