Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pillow Talk

Mark has adopted a new little, square pillow from Hollie that he insists on sleeping on at night. This pillow is barely the same size as his head & everytime I see him sleeping on it I think of how uncomfortable it looks, so I sneak in during the night & trade out the little pillow for his regular pillow. Today we were talking about his pillow situation and our conversation went something like this:

Mark: Mom, I like the little pillow better.

Mom: How come? It is so small & looks so uncomfortable.

Mark: Because it doesn't have a sweater on it.

Mom: A sweater? What do you mean?

Mark: That thing that goes over the pillow...the pillow sweater.

Mom: Do you mean pillow case?

Mark: Yeah, that's it.

Oh to be a kid again. One of the joys of having kids is that I get to view the world from their sweet, innocent eyes.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I know I have said it before, but Where did this kid come from? He is so funny! I think mark should be a comedian when he grows up, you know one of those ones that just sits and points out the little funnies in life that we never see through their eyes...Anyway, I can totally see it. Mark is definatly making his uncle Jon proud.

Shane's Angie said...

Oooh, that's a good idea, I'd love a pillow covered in my favorite nubby sweater during the winter. Thanks for the inspiration Mark! He's a hoot!

Tonia said...

He really is too funny! I can't believe the things he comes up with!