Friday, March 21, 2008

Fajitas - YUM!

I am always on the lookout for new, yummy recipes. A couple years ago I was at a home show and I ran across this recipe for chicken fajitas from the Cancun Cafe. I've never heard of the Cancun Cafe, nor have I eaten there, but the recipe sounded good. We love fajitas and in the past I have always just bought the premade packages of fajita seasoning when I made them. I was excited when I got this recipe and tried it and discovered that they were perhaps some of the yummiest fajitas I have ever had! And everyone I've ever made them for has loved them, too. I made them for dinner last night and decided I should share the recipe with anyone who is interested (because when you have a good thing, why keep it to yourself, right?). So here goes...

2 lbs. chicken
1 clove garlic, diced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. seasoning salt
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced

Cut the chicken into strips. Mix in a bowl with all ingredients, except peppers and onions, and marinate* for one hour. Saute chicken. When cooked through, add sliced peppers and onion. Serve on a tortilla with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and/or cheese.

*It says to marinate the chicken, but I have made it without marinating the chicken and it still turns out dee-lish!

2 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

PJ! That look scrumdiddlumshish! And when I was reading I was worried it would be really complicated, but it sounds like something I could tackle! Save that one for Cindy's shower! (I'm going to have recipe cards available for writing recipes for the bride!)

Tonia said...

I'll definitely be trying this one! Thanks Jamie!