Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

We had a busy Easter with lots of fun and festivities. When I uploaded my pictures I realized that I didn't take that many pictures this year. And, I didn't even get a picture of the boys' Easter baskets. I was a total slacker this year! I did, however, get a picture of our Spongebob pinata that my mom made. Isn't it cute? How creative, I must say!
Again, the pictures aren't exactly in the order I planned...I've still got a few kinks to work out in this blogging thing. Anyway, this is a picture of Tyler watching the kids whack at the pinata. He wasn't sure what to think of it and he looks a little concerned for poor Spongebob.
Mark was so tired after a late night on Friday (we had some cousins come over and play and they were here late) and when I walked in the living room, this is how he was sitting/laying on the couch. Doesn't look too comfy. However, notice what he has in each hand...that's right, Monster Trucks! He can't go anywhere without them.
Evan is such a sweet brother. I was busy making lunch so he took Tyler and sat in the rocking chair and read him stories until I was done. What sweet boys!
I love these next few pictures. This is Tyler with his cousin Maddy (a.k.a. Pikachu). Notice how Maddy is kind of leaning around Tyler and looking at something in the distance? Well, what she is looking at is the T.V. She's only two months old and she's already hooked (does she get that from anyone we know...Jonathon?).
This one cracks me up as well. We tried Maddy's bow on Tyler...check out the look she is giving him! Tyler would make a cute little girl, don't ya think?

Every year for Easter, my mom makes a pinata for the grandkids. Here is a short video of Mark hitting the pinata. Before his turn he informed everyone, in his toughest Mark voice, that he was going to hit it really hard and break it open. Then when Shane handed him the bat he said, "This is a nice bat. Where did you get it?" To which Shane replied, "Uh, the garage." Where did we get this kid?

Now it's Evan's turn to have a go at it. He didn't break it open, but he did knock off one of the legs. I also got Tyler looking on and wondering what in the world is going on.

All in all it was a wonderful day. We went to a total of three Easter egg hunts, and I didn't get a picture of a single one! Oh well, the boys had fun and that's all that matters. There's always next year...

3 comments:

Tonia said...

I can't believe how big the boys are getting - all so cute! Looks like you guys had a happy Easter - glad to hear it.

Lani said...

How fun to do a pinata at Easter. Your boys looked like they enjoyed themselves. As always, pie then trouble!

Shane's Angie said...

The pinata is such a fun idea! Don't worry about missing the pictures, you are already an over-achieving mom and you get a camera break every once in a while! I'm glad you had fun!