Happy St. Paddy's Day! It has been a busy day filled with food, fun and a little drama. Every year on St. Patrick's Day we have a "green" dinner. This year we invited Joelle and her kids to share in the festivities with us.
Here are our green table settings with a little green drink to start the evening off right, complete with a green kiwi garnish.

Another view of our green table. I bet you're "green" with envy that you weren't here to celebrate with us, huh?

Mark helped me prepare for the festivities and he was excited all day for Joelle's family to come have dinner with us.

Kelsey loves helping take care of kids and she couldn't wait to get her little hands on Tyler. He layed contentedly in her arms while we had our family home evening activity.

Since it is also Monday night, we had a special lesson o' the Irish (pronounced Oyrish) for Family Home Evening. A little leprechaun dropped off a note for the kids that explained that there were four leaf clovers hidden in the yard for them to find. Once they found all of the clovers we reassembled and followed the instructions on each one. They had to do things such as say something nice about someone in the room, sing a primary song, give their parent a hug & a kiss, and do an Irish jig. Here are the boys cutting a rug Irish style...in a little boy kind of way.
At the end of our lesson they had to look for a pot o' gold that the leprechaun left behind. The pot was filled with baggies of gold coins and a scripture that says, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." We talked about what kinds of treasure we should seek for in this life. I am amazed by the kids responses. None of them said toys or money or worldly things, they all said that the most important treasures are things like family, hugs & kisses, being nice, the scriptures, etc. Here is a video of Kelsey finding the lucky pot o' gold...and that ain't no blarney!
3 comments:
YOU HSVE TO BE THE COOLEST MOM! I love how you always make each little holiday so fun for your kids! It sounds like you had a great day finding gold! And eating green food! I am green with envy!
Jamie! What a cute FHE idea! I'll have to steal that one for next year! We had a green dinner too, now I'm struggling getting the green food coloring off my fingers...
I love it Jaim! You went all out for that FHE, how fun for your kids. I loved the boys "Irish jig"
Post a Comment