Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Origami Fun

Hollie is here staying with us for two weeks for part of her summer break. We have all been looking forward to having her here! Today she spent a good portion of the afternoon learning how to make various origami items.

This first picture shows her with a bird she made, and you can actually make its wings flap by pulling the tail. Pretty cool, huh?

Here she is with a flower she folded. Isn't it cute?
And here's a little collection of things she folded...two birds, one flower and one lotus flower that was actually folded out of a napkin. She went online & researched how to fold them and watched instructional videos about them. I'm really proud of her because it took a lot of time and patience to figure out how to do them. I think they turned out great!

3 comments:

Shane's Angie said...

Holly has grown up! I'm flabbergasted! Good job on the origami Holly! You are very good at folding...maybe you'd like to fold the monstrous mountain of laundry on my bed right now! I'm ok if the pants look like crane's! Just kidding...really she is very talented!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Also, I just recently learned how to make a very hard spider/crab! Hope fully we can get pictures of it once it's finished, but it does take a lot of work! Thanks you guys!

Sincerely,

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie!

Check out my new blog that I made @ http://scotlandrocks.blogspot.com/