Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Sweetest Day

I'd have to say that today has absolutely been the best Mother's Day I have celebrated so far. My day started off with a sweet gift from Evan and Mark. Eric said they started working on it on Wednesday. They even wrapped it all by themselves (see first picture)! Apparently we were out of scotch tape because they used painting tape...nice touch, though. The gift was a homemade card with sweet messages and pictures from each of the boys.

After the boys gave me their gift, Eric made us a fabulous breakfast of homemade waffles (thanks for the recipe, Holli) with strawberries on top. Then I was spoiled with a two-and-a-half hour nap!!!! We have church at 1:00 so afternoon naps are pretty much out of the question, and since I had been up since 6:30 with Tyler I was ready to hit the hay again at about 9 am (when you've got a baby, any time of day is naptime). Tyler decided to give me a gift, too, by taking a three-hour nap.
The boys made me a plate in primary. Mark colored on the majority of the plate. I asked him what he drew and he said it is a picture of our house and the big blue scribbles at the bottom is the street in front of our house. Evan got to decorate the border and he filled it with hearts and flowers and "I Love You's". Evan volunteered to take my picture with the plate.
And here is a self-portrait with me and my boys.
After church we had Lee, Jon, & Holli over for a barbecue. Eric cooked hamburgers which means I didn't have to cook at all today. I got to take a nap AND I didn't have to cook a single meal...now that's the best gift I could ask for!
It's days like today that make being a mom worthwhile. Thanks, Evan, Mark, Tyler & Eric for making me the luckiest woman on earth and for helping to make this my best Mother's Day yet! I love you all!

5 comments:

Tonia said...

I'm glad you had a happy mother's day. What sweet little gifts they gave you. It's times like that that make you know why you love being a mom. Your boys are lucky to have you!

Melissa said...

Happy Late Mother's Day! It sounds like you had a WONDERFUL day! That is so sweet what your boys gave you and also that you didn't have to cook! I love taking naps but I am sure you love them even more when you get them! I love ya!

Shane's Angie said...

I'm glad you were treated like a Queen today! You deserved every minute of that nap! Those pictures of you sure were cute!

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

I am so happy that you had a day of rest. No one deserves it more than you do. Thanks for talking with yesterday. I made the video today and posted it. You should take a look. I think it's a hoot. Love ya.

Lani said...

I love the plate! What sweet boys you have. You look darn cute in that picture too!