Sunday, May 18, 2008

Some Things About Tyler

I am thoroughly enjoying my sweet little Tyler! I wanted to write down a few things about him right now so that I won't forget them. They grow so fast & do so many cute things that it seems so easy to forget all their little mannerisms. So here goes...


First of all, Tyler is officially crawling now & has been crawling exclusively for about three or four days (no more army crawl). He is still slow at it (thank goodness), but I'm already getting a taste of what it's going to be like very soon. He already opens bathroom cupboard doors & pulls things out of them, he follows me around crying wherever I go, he picks up every miniscule thing off the carpet & eats it, and he tries to push the buttons on the DVD player.


Next, Tyler cut his third tooth a couple weeks ago. The first two teeth to come in were the middle bottom ones, and the next ones to come in are usually the top middle ones. However, he cut the tooth that is next to the middle one. We call him Tyler McPhee after the movie "Nanny McPhee" because she has those gnarly teeth that poke out all over. Hopefully his middle ones come in soon so he doesn't have a jack-o-lantern smile for too long. We tried to get a picture of his tooth, but this was the best we could do. His tooth is the little white thing on the right hand side of his gums.


I love this picture of him. I was trying to take his picture and he was laughing and "charging" at me to try and grab the camera.
Ty is a very finicky eater. He HATES green vegetables and bawls until they drool out of his mouth and drip off his chin if I try to feed them to him. He loves fruit, though. He is lactose-intolerant, which meant that while I was nursing him I couldn't have any dairy either because it would make him really sick. (I just weaned him and had my first shake in almost ten months! It was amazing!) This is a picture of him after he ate some blueberries. He loved them, but he also kept rubbing his eye so the blueberries ended up getting smeared all over his face & forehead.

This picture shows his high chair tray. He had "fingerpainted" with the blueberry juice after he got done eating them.

Who could resist a smile like that? I love this kid!

Just a few more things:

His favorite thing to say is "ith". He also babbles and says "dadada" and "mamama" as well as other miscellaneous, incomprehensible things.

He loves to "sing" with me.

He always takes the biggest piece of food off of his tray and eats it first.

I took this cute video of him this morning. He was doing this funny thing with his tongue...I wonder if there's another tooth cutting through.


5 comments:

Caroline said...

Jaime, it is fun to catch up on your family. Looks like you moved? We need to get our families together--I think our boys are cut from the same cloth. Tyler is so cute.

Shane's Angie said...

I loved that little "Tyler" vignette. He has an instant smile doesn't he?...one of those kids that you just have to look at and then they return your glance with a grin!!! So cute!

Tonia said...

He's so cute and has such beautiful blue eyes! I remember well the days Isabella would crawl to the bathroom and pull everything out of the cabinets and then climb in them herself. Also with the jagged tooth thing I had never really seen a baby do that until just recently there have been 2 other babies here whose side teeth have come in before the front ones too. One little boy actually had both side teeth come in first and when he smiled he reminded me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings (not just because of the teeth - the little boy kind of looked like him the teeth just added to the effect). I bet that shake was one of the most amazing things you've had in your life!! It's amazing the things we give up for our kids. Very cute - thanks for sharing!

Lani said...

He is such a handsome little guy!
I love his big eyes! I'm sure he just gives you one of his little grins and your heart instantly melts!

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Tyler is halarious! No joke when I say that he looks like you. I can really see it now that he is getting older. He is always so good natured. We need to get together soon.