Monday, February 18, 2008

I Have Been Tagged

I guess I have been "tagged" to answer some questions about Eric and me. Here goes...

What is your spouse's name? Eric Neil Raymond

How long have you been together? Our first date was August 21, 1999.

Who eats more? It depends on whether I am pregnant or not.

Who said "I Love You" first? I don't really remember, but probably Eric because I was a little timid in that department.

Who is taller? Eric...he is six-feet tall and I'm 5' 5 1/2" (and, yes, that half inch makes a difference).

Who is smarter? Hmmm...that's debatable. We both have our strengths and weaknesses. We're both pretty good at English and not so good at math.

Who does the laundry? I wash and dry always, and he will help fold and put away when I am too busy to get it all done. (Now if I could just figure out a way to get him to help with the dishes...)

Who does the dishes? Me, me, all me. I think I can count on my hands the number of times he has done the dishes in our whole marriage. He had a job when he was a teenager as a dishwasher that scarred him for life, apparently. So much so that he has hardly ever been able to do them since.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Eric does and always has since we first got married. We have never switched sides...it just feels wrong. I also have to stand on the left when I sing with someone...I wonder why that is?

Who pays the bills? We have taken turns throughout our marriage. I was doing it until Tyler was born and I started working part-time. Now I don't have time so Eric has taken over doing them again.

Who mows the lawn? Both of us. Whoever gets to it first. Often he will mow the lawn while I trim the edges.

Who cooks dinner? I almost always cook dinner, but Eric always cooks breakfast.

Who drives when you are together? Eric. Occasionally I will drive if he is really tired and we are going a long distance.

Who is more stubborn? That's a tough one. Neither of us is stubborn by nature. I don't really know.

Who kissed who first? Eric kissed me first

Who asked who out first? We were actually set up on a date by my mom, of all people. He asked me out first after that.

Who proposed? Eric, on the top of Angel's Landing in Zion National Park. It was so awesome!

Who has more siblings? If you count biological only then I do, if you count step-siblings then we have the same.

Who wears the pants? It depends on the situation. Neither of us dominates the other and we are pretty good about talking things through and negotiating with each other. So, I guess we share them.

Changing the subject...
10 years ago: I was working at Capital Community Bank, saving money for a mission, and going to school. Eric was working for Emergency Essentials. Little did we know one short year later we would meet!

5 Things on My To Do List Today: Print pictures for some empty frames, do the dishes (on my list everyday), go to lunch with a friend, do laundry, make treats for our new bishop.

I Enjoy: My family, reading, singing, organizing, scrapbooking (although you'd never know since I've only completed about a dozen pages since I've been married...but my plan is to start digital scrapbooking soon), sleeping (something I don't get to do enough of these days), camping, hiking, snuggling on the couch with Eric and watching a good movie.

What Would I Do If I Was Suddenly a Billionaire: Pay off all my bills, invest, go on a trip to Spain, buy a new car.

5 Jobs I've Had: Emergency Essentials (my high school job), Capital Community Bank, Franklin Elementary School, Synergy Worldwide, Team Everest.

5 Things People Don't Know About Me: I am terrified of vampires (until I read the Twilight series), I am the shortest person in my family (they tell short jokes and look at me and laugh), I have never had lower than a B+ grade in school (and I only had one of those...the rest were A's), I am a neat freak (okay, maybe some of you already know that), and I am terrified of public speaking and try to avoid it like the plague (but I can sing in front of people without a problem...weird).

Now it's my turn to tag someone...Shanna, you're it!

3 comments:

Leavitt Family said...

Most of the things that people did not know about you I already knew! Funny how after so many years of doing your own thing you still never forget things about the people who were once your very closest.

Shane's Angie said...

Funny, I have to stand on the right side when I sing with someone...

Leavitt Family said...

Okay Jamie so I know I already commented on this one, but I saw your comment on my Blog, I am sorry I am a lazy Blogging Buddy. Next week we are off to Disneyland and I plan to blog daily please check in and after I plan to repent and blog more!