Tonight I had one of those moments that makes being a parent all worthwhile. I had just spent the entire day cleaning & organizing Mark & Evan's room. When I put the boys to bed tonight I was talking to them about how nice it is to have a clean room in hopes that it will motivate them to want to keep it clean. Evan said, "Mom, it feels nice in here, doesn't it? I can feel the spirit here. Can you feel it, too?"
Wow! That's what being a parent is all about. We struggle to try to teach them right from wrong & to help them gain their own testimonies, and when they say something like that it helps me to know that all of my efforts aren't in vain. They really do pay attention & they are more aware of things than I give them credit for. I am so grateful to be a mom & I am grateful for my sweet little Evan for being in tune with the spirit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PJ! Great looking blog! The pictures are darling. I loved the big smile from Tyler and little Mark asleep in the dirt. Too cute! Keep it up, I'll be checking on you!
Post a Comment