Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Star of the Week

Evan is the "Star of the Week" at school this week, so I am dedicating this entire post to him. Evan is so awesome! He is my oldest boy, and a terrific brother and son. He is so sweet and loving, and will help out with almost anything he is asked to do. He is responsible and obedient and tender-hearted. He brings so much joy to our family, and I don't know what we would do without him (probably cry...a lot). I can always count on Evan to give me a hug or a kiss or say something sweet to me if I'm feeling down. (He will make a great husband someday!) He also absolutely loves his baby brother, Tyler, and loves holding him. He was so proud of himself the first day he got brave enough to pick up Tyler and walk with him (he had, up to that point, always only been allowed to hold him while sitting down). He walked in to the kitchen with Tyler in his arms, and with a big grin on his face said, "Look mom, I'm holding Tyler!" And ever since that day he has been my good little babysitter when I'm making dinner or if Tyler is crying. He is sweet to Mark and tries to be patient with him when Mark wrecks his toy set-up. It is nice that they are finally getting to the age where they both enjoy playing similar things so they can play together. They are good buddies. And we can't forget Hollie. Evan loves Hollie so much (and we wish we could spend more time with her). He used to cry every time she had to go home. He looks up to her and loves to spend time with her when she is here.

This first picture is Evan's poster that he took to school today. It shows special things about himself...some of his hobbies, favorite things, and pictures. He chose all of the pictures he wanted to use and he cut most of them out. He glued everything on himself and then wrote all of the words, too. He will get to display this in his classroom all week. Isn't it cute?

I had to put this picture of Evan up...I think he took it himself, hence the funny angle.
Here is Evan holding Tyler just a couple of weeks after Tyler was born. What a good brother!
Look at that cute boy! We sure do love him!

If you want to know even more about Evan, read on.

His favorite...
Foods: Pizza, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries
Colors: Blue and green
Number: Infinity
Month: July
Day of the Week: Saturday
Things to do: Play the computer, ride his bike, make crafts, read, play with his brothers and sister
Books: Ready Freddy Series
Song: Who Let the Dogs Out?
Holidays: Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter
Ice Cream: Chocolate
Dessert: Brownies and Lemon Bars
People: Mrs. Cornaby & Derek Lindstrom
Sport: Football
Wild Animals: Turtle & Elephant

3 comments:

Lani said...

What a sweet guy you have! I'm so glad I can see what you've been up to with your cute little family!

Melissa said...

What a sweet boy! That is an awesome poster and such cute pictures!

Crystal said...

HI Jamie,
It was so fun to read your blog site today. I laughed several times and smiled a whole lot! What wonderful grandchildren I have! So smart and funny. Thank you for sharing your life via blogging.
Love, Crystal