Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mark Loves Trucks

This post is dedicated to Mark and his love of trucks and I figured this picture would be appropriate. This picture was taken in the summer at our house in Orem. There was a mound of dirt in our front yard where we couldn't get grass to grow. Mark adopted it as his sandbox (even though we had a sandbox in the backyard) and he always had a large assortment of toy cars & trucks "off-roading" through the dirt. On this particular day, he must have gotten so tired that he fell asleep right in the middle of the dirt, surrounded by his beloved cars. I'm sure he was in heaven!


Mark said the cutest thing today and it just proves how much he loves trucks. We got Mark a new monster truck toy today (his favorite Jeep had a sudden, unexpected death). It is a huge replica of the Grave Digger. While he was waiting for me to get the scissors to open the box, I overheard him saying while stroking one of the wheels, "I love you so much. Don't worry, you'll be out of the box soon and you won't ever have to go back to the store again because I'm your brother now."



We also had a fun day cleaning Mark & Evan's bedroom. I bought a bookshelf to put in their room but I had to assemble it first. Mark was by my side the entire time helping me with the screws and hammering the nails into place. He is a good helper and loves to work! Maybe he comes by it naturally since he had two great-grandpa's that were in the construction business.

No comments: